Monday, February 6, 2012

What was I thinking…?

For some reason I was inspired to start potty training Lillian this last week. I don’t really know how it happened, but here I am rushing to the potty with her every time she signals and most of the time successfully helping her keep her little “Tangled” or Elmo undies dry. Maybe she wasn’t quite ready yet, because at first I felt like all I did was make her afraid to go to the bathroom either in the toilet or in her diaper. This being the case, I figured I might as well just keep up the training since she was proving that she is VERY good at holding it in and very aware of her little body’s signals. We get a lot of false alarms, mainly due to the fact that she enjoys putting toilet paper in the toilet and then watching as it is flushed away. I had started on Monday in the hope that by church on Sunday she would be a pro and I wouldn’t have to worry about her, but I followed her in nursery and kept her in pull ups just incase. Good idea, because I don’t think she had a clue when she had to go while she was running around with all of her little friends. I caught the “oh no” look from her from across the gym and rushed her to the bathroom at church that has only ONE stall (another discussion all together) and waited for it to be empty before realizing that it was already too late. So I think we’ll stick with pull ups while we’re playing away from home for now. There were a few tears shed ( from both Lily and I) this week, but I’m just so proud of my little girl. I can’t believe that we’re here already and that she will be 2 in a few weeks. Where have those years gone?

IMG_2603

I’ll probably be killed for having this picture someday…

No comments:

Post a Comment