Friday, March 12, 2010

2 Weeks old

I wrote in my journal
“Lily is 2 weeks old today! I am so grateful because she was supposed to be born today. She is still sleeping for most of the day if she’s not eating, of course. She is starting to cry a little more now. Before she would just grunt and make little noises, but she is definitely more vocal now. We had a visit from my aunt and uncle, Lily’s great-aunt and great-uncle, today. They bought her the cutest dress! This gal will never run out of clothes :). She’ll also never be un-loved. We all just can’t get enough of her. She’s so cute and precious. All of her family are instantly in love with her.
Today I started/tried to pump some milk so that we can have some on hand. This way Clark can help me feed Lily at night or If I am away, or just to have a bottle if we are on a car ride, or so I don’t always have to feed in public. I don’t really mind breast feeding in public with a cover, but it’s not always convenient. Clark is trying to get her to take a bottle right now but she’s not too thrilled about that. She might not be hungry, though- she seems happy to just suck on Clark’s finger. We’ll keep trying and see how it goes. We’re in the middle of her fussy/very awake time of the day. Unfortunately that is between 9:00 pm and 1:00 am… I just wish I knew exactly what she wants. Oh well, she’s worth the lost sleep! :)”
Lily meeting her new best friend, Atlas who is 5 weeks older than her                              
124      
Laying with Dad                                                                                                   
132

Laying with mom
135
First shampoo
148
Playing video games with dad
191
It’s not like we’re tired or anything…
199

No comments:

Post a Comment